Lunapads is a multiple award-winning social mission driven business proudly based in beautiful East Vancouver whose purpose is to inspire healthy and sustainable choices that support positive, shame-free experiences of our bodies. Our company has a unique culture and integral set of feminist values that support inclusion and body positivity. Our business values of authenticity, sustainability and transparency are reflected in our proud standing as a Founding Canadian B Corporation.
We are looking for a Communications and Digital Marketing Manager to plan and coordinate our initiatives, oversee the integration of our marketing, customer service and promotional events both on and offline. While still primarily a digital B2C model, we are at this time also expanding our brick-and-mortar distribution and support consumer awareness in mass retail, particularly in the United States.
The successful candidate will feel a deep sense of connection and alignment with our core values and purpose, which will complement their passion for excellence in their field as a marketing and communications leader.
Key Working Relationships
Reporting to the CEO, and working collaboratively with our Creative Director, Webmaster and other team members, the Communications and Digital Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for designing and overseeing the company’s overall marketing strategy and tactical planning to support sales growth, brand awareness and customer experience.
- Establish, manage and evaluate a comprehensive annual marketing and communications plan, calendar and related KPIs and budget that directly supports e-commerce sales, direct sales (via Brand Ambassadors), trade and consumer shows, customer experience, advertising and digital marketing
- Increase brand awareness and ensure the Lunapads brand is consistently reflected across all channels
- Lead internal communications with other departments (Sales, Web, Customer Service, Production, etc) including planning and facilitating meetings to share marketing plans with the rest of our team
- Identify new marketing opportunities and lead creative direction and ideas for new product launches
- Actively monitor trending relevant topics (intersectional feminism, environmental issues, health) and seek opportunities for social media engagement for our brand
- Staying current with evolving social media platforms and trends
- Identify opportunities for our brands and leaders to participate in relevant public discourse across multiple media channels
- Proactively build and manage creative partner relationships (i.e. designers, printers, videographers, contractors, etc)
- Increase our outreach and to media sources and industry influencers
- Create ways to enhance the customer experience
- Direct media communications
- Evaluate and manage sponsorship relationships and events
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years experience leading and managing marketing and communications strategies, projects, and teams
- Demonstrated excellence in social media strategy and execution in an e-commerce environment
- Extensive leadership and project management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently and deliver proposals and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, delegation and analysis skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, as well as lead teams and manage partner relationships
- Past experience of PPC, SEO, Retargeting Google Analytics and Adwords to the level that you can oversee their implementation by others
- Ability to understand and communicate plans for retail and tradeshow display is an asset
- Experience marketing consumer products is an asset
Lunapads is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees; as such we are an equal opportunity employer. Women, trans & queer folks, indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
This position is based in Vancouver, BC, is 30 hours per week and includes benefits. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resumé and cover letter to the attention of Suzanne Siemens, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all candidates for their interest but due to the volume of applications we will only contact those selected for an interview. No phone calls or office visits please.