Lunapads is a multiple award-winning social mission driven business proudly based in beautiful East Vancouver whose purpose is to inspire healthy and sustainable choices that support positive, shame-free experiences of our bodies. Our company has a unique culture and integral set of feminist values that support inclusion and body positivity. Our business values of authenticity, sustainability and transparency are reflected in our proud standing as a Founding Canadian B Corporation.
Lunapads and Luna Undies are our core proprietary products and the backbone of our unique collection of reusable alternatives to disposable menstrual and bladder needs products. The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that these core products — as well as a few others — are made perfectly, consistently and punctually by our valued local manufacturing partners.
We are looking for a Production Manager to plan, coordinate and monitor our manufacturing and raw material sourcing and procurement needs. The Production Manager will work closely with Product Development and Inventory Management contractors to onstream and integrate new products into our mix, all the while keeping an eye out for opportunities to improve our products and processes. The successful candidate will feel a deep sense of connection and alignment with our core values and purpose, which will complement their passion for excellence.
Key Working Relationships
Reporting to the CEO, and working collaboratively with our Creative Director, Procurement Manager, Financial Analyst and other team members, the Production Manager will also represent our brand with our extensive network of suppliers and consultants.
- Create and maintain clear and respectful communications and relationships with all related suppliers and manufacturing partners
- Identify and evaluate new factories and/or support the expansion of facilities with existing partner factories
- Report regularly to our team on all production-related matters
- Work with fabric suppliers to provide information about market trends and new innovations, recommend alternatives and confirm fabric development
- Coordinate and complete tech packs to the specifications required by production partners
- Coordinate and direct sample making with designers and factories and conduct product testing
- Maintain and manage costing spreadsheets
- Develop a production placement plan and make fabric reservations
- Confirm price orders for regular and ongoing placement
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve target price
- Collaborate with our Marketing Coordinator on new product launches
- Create, issue and track cutting tickets and POs for raw materials and finished goods
- Coach, troubleshoot and problem solve with partner factories on issues relating to raw materials, samples and finished goods. Make recommendations on factory/vendor chargebacks and discounts
- Manage product integrity, order specification compliance and Quality Assurance on all in-progress and recently completed orders. Ensure on-time delivery
- Manage workflow and ensure timely communications with finance and purchasing to help optimize cash flow, inventory levels and manage vendor liabilities
Education and Experience
- Diploma or degree in a related field
- Minimum 3–5 years experience in sewn products production management
- A high level of competency with Google, Microsoft, Adobe productivity software
- Existing connections and relationships with production partners is an asset
Lunapads is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees; as such we are an equal opportunity employer. Women, trans & queer folks, indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resumé and cover letter to the attention of Suzanne Siemens, CEO at email@example.com
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all candidates for their interest however due to the volume of applications we will only contact those selected for an interview. No phone calls or office visits please.