Lunapads is a multiple award-winning social mission driven business proudly based in beautiful East Vancouver whose purpose is to inspire healthy and sustainable choices that support positive, shame-free experiences of our bodies. Our company has a unique culture and integral set of feminist values that support inclusion and body positivity. Our business values of authenticity, sustainability and transparency are reflected in our proud standing as a Founding Canadian B Corporation.
This role is ideal for those looking forward to being a part of a growing manufacturing and e-commerce company in a flexible part-time position.
- Record financial transactions by entering information into Accounting Software or Excel in order to summarize financial information, prepare the balance sheet, P&L statement, and other reports
- Reconcile transactions & financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and comparing and correcting data (ie: banking transactions, credit card, petty cash, etc)
- Substantiate financial transactions by verifying supporting documents, preparing payments and requesting disbursements
- Regularly monitor Accounts Receivable and follow up with customers to ensure timely receipts from accounts, including invoicing and account statements
- Compile payroll data and process bi-monthly payroll online
- Provide financial and website analytical information to management by assembling, summarizing and analyzing financial and online data and preparing reports
Other tasks may include
- Coordinate the data collection and reporting process to maintain Climate Smart BC and B Corporation certification
- Prepare special financial and regulatory reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Answer accounting and regulatory questions by researching and interpreting existing and new accounting policies, regulations and legislation
- Contribute to team effort by providing administrative and financial support to other department teams including IT, Operations and Customer Service
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance, or one years’ work experience in related field is a must.
- Prior experience with an accounting software platform and Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Training will be provided.
Lunapads is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees; as such we are an equal opportunity employer. Women, trans & queer folks, indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resumé and cover letter to the attention of Suzanne Siemens, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all candidates for their interest however due to the volume of applications we will only contact those selected for an interview. No phone calls or office visits please.