Lunapads is a multiple award-winning social mission driven business proudly based in beautiful East Vancouver whose purpose is to inspire healthy and sustainable choices that support positive, shame-free experiences of our bodies. Our company has a unique culture and integral set of feminist values that support inclusion and body positivity. Our business values of authenticity, sustainability and transparency are reflected in our proud standing as a Founding Canadian B Corporation.
As the Finance Manager, reporting directly to the CEO, your objective is to support Lunapads’ success by providing timely financial information to optimize decision making. You will also have the chance to immerse yourself in the business through working with cross-functional teams to collect data, analyze performance, and provide recommendations to support the operational success of a fast growing manufacturing and e-commerce business. This position is full time.
Accounting & Finance
- Oversee and ensure completion of monthly and annual financial statements and other management reports as needed
- Evaluate and report on company’s financial status by preparing financial and cash flow projections, conducting budget vs actual variance analysis
- Create monthly and multi year budgets; update year end projections
- Provide guidance and supervision to Accounting Assistant to provide accurate, relevant, and timely information and analysis
- Monitor bank balances and optimize cash flow by managing accounts payables and bank balances of multiple currencies
- File and remit GST and PST
Business Analytics, Costing and KPIs
- Monitor, analyze, and present monthly, quarterly and annual sales trends to support marketing, sales and production strategies
- Maintain, develop, and troubleshoot excel models to provide financial reports and sales data
- Work with the Production Manager to create and maintain costing spreadsheets to understand margin and profitability by product line and sales channels
- Plan and manage quarterly inventory count and recommend optimal inventory levels
- Work closely with cross functional teams to create sales and inventory performance metrics, develop demand forecasts and make purchasing decisions
- Identify and report on monthly and quarterly business KPIs.
- Design and develop ad hoc reports as required
Other tasks may include
- Prepare special financial and regulatory reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operational and financial information
- Recommend and implement system changes to improve enterprise resource information flow, security and internal controls
- Contribute to team effort by providing administrative and financial support to other department teams including IT, operations, marketing, and customer service
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an analytical and finance capacity
- Accounting designation preferred
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in an ecommerce business and expertise in google analytics is an asset
- Self-motivated and results oriented attitude with strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent team player with great communication skills
Lunapads is committed to building a skilled and diverse team of professional employees; as such we are an equal opportunity employer. Women, trans & queer folks, indigenous people, people of colour, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resumé and cover letter to the attention of Suzanne Siemens, CEO at email@example.com
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all candidates for their interest however due to the volume of applications we will only contact those selected for an interview. No phone calls or office visits please.