- What are Lunapads Underwear?
- How are Lunapads Underwear different from disposable pads and pantyliners?
- How are LunaUndies different from Lunapads?
- How are Lunapads Underwear different from regular everyday underwear?
- What fabrics are used to make LunaUndies?
- How long can I wear Lunapads Underwear for?
- Will LunaUndies leak?
- I'm pregnant. Why are Lunapads Underwear better than regular everyday underwear for me?
- Can I wear Lunapads Underwear for incontinence or light bladder leakage?
- How do I wash and care for my LunaUndies?
WHAT ARE LUNAPADS UNDERWEAR?
Lunapads Underwear are an innovative hybrid of underwear and Lunapads that have an absorbent gusset panel permanently sewn in, making them an all-in-one replacement for disposable Pads, Pantyliners, or Light Bladder Leakage products. LunaUndies come in several lining options, suited for different needs.
For more information on how LunaUndies work & which products to choose for your needs, visit our Getting Started Guide.
HOW ARE LUNAPADS UNDERWEAR DIFFERENT FROM DISPOSABLE PADS & PANTYLINERS?
In so many great ways! Lunapads Underwear are more comfortable, and do not contain any chemical residues or glue that can ruin your undies or stick to you. LunaUndies have the pad sewn permanently in, so you don't have to worry about it bunching up or moving around. They also create far less expense and waste than disposable pads and pantyliners.
HOW ARE LUNAUNDIES DIFFERENT FROM LUNAPADS?
Rather than being used in conjunction with your own underwear, Lunapads Underwear are an all-in-one solution - underwear with an absorbent gusset built right in.
HOW ARE LUNAPADS UNDERWEAR DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR EVERYDAY UNDERWEAR?
LunaUndies are highly functional underwear. Lunapads Underwear come in different styles with unique lining options to suit different needs. Visit our How to Choose guide to find a pair that will work best for you.
WHAT FABRICS ARE USED TO MAKE LUNAUNDIES?
Lunapads Underwear are made using a combination of natural and synthetic materials. The body of LunaUndies is made from a cotton or organic cotton/spandex blend. Depending on the collection you choose, it may contain leak-proof PUL (Polyurethane Laminate), microfiber, cotton or organic cotton fleece. Materials used are listed on each product page.
The organic cotton we use here at Lunapads is GOTS certified. The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the world's leading textile processing standard for organic fibers, ensuring that plants have been grown organically and that manufacturers meet social and environmental standards throughout the supply chain. Here's a summary of the requirements:
- Textiles must be 95% organic in origin to be GOTS Certified Organic.
- Toxic chemicals used in some conventional textile processing, like formaldehyde, heavy metals, and brominated flame retardants, cannot be used.
- From farm to factory, organic fibers cannot commingle with conventional.
- Dyes must be naturally derived or safe synthetics (as outlined in the GOTS).
- Manufacturers can’t use finishing methods that pose risks to workers (like sand-blasting denim).
- Manufacturers must have environmental policies and procedures to monitor and improve the environmental performance of their facilities.
- Organic textiles must be stored and transported in a way that prevents contamination by prohibited substances and commingling with conventional products.
- Packaging material must not contain chlorinated plastics (e.g. PVC).
- Any paper or cardboard used in packaging material for the retail trade of GOTS Goods (incl. labelling items such as hang tags or swing tags) must be recycled from pre- or post-consumer waste or certified according to a program that verifies compliance with sustainable forestry management principles.
- Transportation means and routes must be documented.
- Textiles must meet specific quality standards in regards to how they hold up to washing and color fading.
- Workers have to be treated well with safe working conditions, no child labor, fair wages, a cap on how many hours they can work a week, and more.
- In regards to personal care products like diapers, bandages, and feminine care products, the final product must be 100% organic fiber. Plastic barriers must be biodegradable and made from non-GMO (genetically engineered) raw materials. They also can’t include unnecessary dyes or optical brighteners – among other things.
HOW LONG CAN I WEAR LUNAPADS UNDERWEAR FOR?
As with regular underwear, you should not wear them for longer than one day without switching to a fresh pair. With our MAIA leakproof underwear, the removable Insert feature means that you can wear them all day long during your period, just swap out the Insert to keep comfortable and dry.
WILL LUNAPADS UNDERWEAR LEAK?
It’s important to choose the right LunaUndies for your needs. Some styles feature a leak-proof lining, while others do not. To find the right functional underwear for you, visit our How to Choose guide
I'M PREGNANT. WHY ARE LUNAUNDIES BETTER THAN REGULAR EVERYDAY UNDERWEAR FOR ME?
LunaUndies are ideal for use during pregnancy. When you're pregnant, you leak quite a bit of discharge all the time, making Lunapads Underwear perfect for every day use. Once the baby comes, our leak-proof MAIA and SELENE collections will come in handy for post-partum bleeding, and are much softer and less irritating to wear than disposable pads or pantyliners.
To find product recommendations for pregnancy and postpartum, see below or visit our How to Choose guide.
Recommended for Pregnancy
CAN I WEAR LUNAPADS UNDERWEAR FOR INCONTINENCE OR LIGHT BLADDER LEAKAGE?
Many customers have found LunaUndies to be a comfortable, economical and discreet solution for light bladder leaks. Visit our How to Choose guide for more info.
Recommended for Light Bladder Leakage
HOW DO I WASH AND CARE FOR MY LUNAUNDIES?
Lunapads Underwear can be washed by hand or machine in any temperature with your regular detergent. Pre-soaking or rinsing in cold water prior to washing is recommended, but not always necessary, particularly if they are not heavily saturated. Do not soak for longer than 24 hours.
We recommend natural cleaning products such as Nellie’s All Natural Laundry Soda for regular cleaning, and Buncha Farmers Stain Remover to perk up stained underwear. Heavily stained underwear may also benefit from occasional machine wash and dry in hot settings or air drying in direct sunlight.
Please avoid the use of chlorine bleach or fabric softeners to clean LunaUndies, as this will decrease the performance and absorbency of the products, in addition to being harmful to the environment.