- If you're using applicator-less tampons already, you're a prime candidate for The DivaCup. You already have the self-knowledge and are comfortable enough with your body to insert something manually. For most menstrual cup users, that's half the battle right there!
- If you prefer o.b. because there's no applicator and hence less waste, consider this: approximately 20 billion pads, tampons and applicators are sent to North American landfills annually! The average menstruating North American will throw away 125-150kg or 16,800 disposable pads or tampons in their lifetime. With the DivaCup there is no waste! You can reuse the same menstrual cup for years with proper care.
- It's non-absorbent, which means it won't dry you out. Tampons absorb the protective fluid produced in the vagina and can disrupt its normal acidic environment -- which can potentially lead to all sorts of problems.
- The DivaCup is made from top quality, healthcare grade silicone, which is phthalate-free, latex-free, plastic-free and BPA-free. Do you know what's in your tampon? https://www.womensvoices.org/feminine-care-products/
- With the DivaCup, you will never run out of menstrual supplies. You'll have the only item you need and it will last at least a year. Aside from saving you a ton of money, you'll never have to go on late-night drugstore runs or canvass your coworkers for a spare pad or tampon.
- The DivaCup is great for those with heavy flow. It can hold a full ounce, which is about twice as much as the highest absorbency o.b. (the now discontinued o.b. ultra tampons) so not only will you be able to go longer between changes, you won't have to worry about sudden leaks!
- It works for all flows, from light to very heavy. The DivaCup cup can be safety left in for up to 12 hours, whereas tampons must be changed every 4-6 hours to avoid the risk of TSS.
- You'll never be at the whim of mysterious corporate "manufacturing delays" and empty shelves again. The DivaCup is available at many retail locations and all over the internet. Once you buy it you won't have to depend on anyone but yourself to have adequate menstrual protection.
8 Reasons to Ditch o.b. for The DivaCup
You May Also Like
If you're dealing with side effects or other weirdness when you're on your period, then tracking your cycle is often the first step in getting the answers you want. We dig into the top five apps: the good, the bad and the unbelievably pink.Read more